A Special Salute to Our Nation's Veterans from SpeedPro Imaging
In war and in peace, we are always indebted to the men and women who honorably and courageously serve our country in uniform. SpeedPro Imaging, the nation’s leading printing and graphics franchise, joins countless others as we recognize veterans and active duty members this Veterans Day.
In a proclamation declaring November 11, 2017 as Veterans Day, President Trump says, “Our veterans represent the very best of America. They have bravely answered the call to serve in the finest military force in the world, and they have earned the dignity that comes with wearing the uniform and defending our great flag.” He issued an additional proclamation this month, establishing November as National Veterans and Military Families Month.
The commitment and dedication displayed by all servicemen and women who defend our country deserves admiration year-round. That’s a standard SpeedPro Imaging is proud to live up to. We take pride in giving our veterans every opportunity to succeed during the next phase of their lives as business owners. Humbly, others are taking notice.
Just this month, Entrepreneur recognized SpeedPro Imaging as one of 2017’s Top Franchises for Veterans. It’s a proud honor that highlights and confirms our commitment to helping veterans navigate the sometimes-difficult task of transitioning from military service back to civilian life.
According to a 2014 study conducted by the International Franchise Association, nearly 5,700 veterans have become franchise owners between 2011 and 2014. The study also discovered 97 percent of franchisors surveyed indicated that veterans are a good fit as franchise owners within their company.
For veterans considering making the leap, here is a short list on why franchising is such a great fit:
- Military experience requires strong leadership skills and motivating others, improving processes and accomplishing a defined mission. Like the military, successful franchisees lead their employees to accomplish the mission as a team.
- The military has extensive training and teaches unique skills to carry out detailed tasks. Franchising also has comprehensive training and support within its processes. With military parallels, a veteran can enter a completely new field and hit the ground running by following structured training programs.
- An established franchise business operates on proven systems and defined procedures. Executing programs and following plans with precision is emphasized in military training, and leads to success in franchising.
We at SpeedPro Imaging, the nation’s leader in large-format imagery, believe we’re an excellent choice for veterans considering business ownership. We’re a process-oriented business; our franchise owners thrive without relevant printing experience because structured training is key. Our goal is to maintain and improve systems that produce the desired results a business owner seeks.
SpeedPro Imaging is honored to partner with VetFran, the leading source of resources for veterans and veteran spouses entering the franchising space. As part of the effort to help the transition from military service to business ownership, SpeedPro Imaging partners with VetFran to offer a $5,000 discount on the initial franchise fee for qualified veterans.
To date, the SpeedPro Imaging roster of studio owners proudly boasts nine veterans, including:
- Eric Lazar, SpeedPro Imaging Chicago Loop: Sergeant, United States Marine Corps. 1986-1994.
- Borg Siburg, SpeedPro Imaging Scottsdale: Captain, United States Army. 1980-1985.
- Ann Siburg, SpeedPro Imaging Scottsdale: 1st Lieutenant, United States Army. 1981-1984.
- Tom James, SpeedPro Imaging LA North: Captain, United States Air Force. 1991-1996.
- Bill Jones, SpeedPro Imaging Norfolk: Captain, United States Army. Active Duty 1970-1972, Active Reserve 1972-1983.
- Randall Higgins, SpeedPro Imaging St. Louis: Captain, United States Army. 1974-1985.
- Jeff Meade, SpeedPro Imaging Lexington: Captain, United States Marine Corps. Active Duty 1989-1994, Reserve Duty 1995-1996.
- Steve Jaszai, SpeedPro Imaging Northglenn: Major, United States Air Force. 1986-2008.
- Holly McKenny, SpeedPro Imaging of St. Petersburg: Specialist, United States Army. 2006-2008.
There are also veterans employed at SpeedPro studios around the country. Among them are Army veteran Matt Greggersen and Navy veteran Will Jeffrey.
SpeedPro Imaging’s Home Office team The SpeedPro Imaging Leadership Team is proud to have a veteran in the Home Office. Steven J. Brown, SpeedPro Imaging’s Chief Operating Officer, served as a Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps from 2001-2006.
“As a SpeedPro studio owner, a veteran brings perseverance and commitment to work every day,” says Brown. “He or she knows the value of structured planning and execution and is often involved in the communities they served to protect. Safeguarding foundation, attention to detail, and respectful relationships, a veteran makes for an ideal SpeedPro studio owner.”
SpeedPro Imaging is grateful for the veterans we have grown to know personally, as well as all veterans across America. We are proud to honor them this Veterans Day, and always.
If you’d like to work with one of our veteran franchise owners or you’re a veteran interested in a career with SpeedPro Imaging, please visit www.speedpro.com/.
If you’re a veteran and would like to learn about why SpeedPro Imaging would be a good fit for your entrepreneurial aspirations, please visit www.speedprofranchising.com/.